I am finally back…and quite ashamed that I haven’t written since October. I could make a millions of excuses about why I haven’t updated, but if I’m being completely honest, I was discouraged. I started to feel like it wasn’t worth the time- why keep up with a blog that no one is reading (especially when there’s so many other things I need to be doing)?
I didn’t tell myself that though, of course not. I told myself I was too busy to write and I ignored the tiny voice in the back of my head that would, every so often, remind me about this space that I created. Then came College Prepster’s recent post, “Why Writing is Good for Your Soul, and I realized just how much I missed writing, and how much I missed this blog. It doesn’t matter if nobody reads it – it’s mine. I scrolled through old posts and I got to read about how my first week in my own classroom went, and how much I loved the food in Key West, and the music in New Orleans. I can read about old lessons, relive my trip to California, and remember exactly how I was feeling on a particular day. Sure, I can go on Facebook or Timehop – but nothing beats your own space with your own writing. So with all of that being said, I’m glad to be back!
Here’s a few notable events to bring this blog up to date!
1. I became an aunt! I love him so much – more than words can explain.
2. My dad came to visit from Florida! We went to Storm King Art Center (an awesome day trip!), spent hours in the 9/11 Memorial Museum (if you haven’t been, go!), and saw a Yankees game (they won!).
3. I booked a trip to Europe (through EF College Break again!). I’ll be going to London and Paris for eight days with one of my best friends!
4. I went to Boston to visit a college friend I hadn’t seen in two years! I didn’t take many pictures, so this average one of the Charles River will have to do.
5. I started an instagram (@postgradprep) – I mostly post books (I’m a little obsessed with #bookstagram), but I also post teaching stuff.