(monogram pillowcase / iPad background)
I was so hesitant about buying these, but I’m so glad I did. They have proved to be worth every penny!
This mug makes mornings a little bit happier, and I am loving my new loft boots. I mentioned them in an earlier post, they were definitely worth the wait!
It was the perfect day for a mini road trip, so my friend Claire and I headed to Princeton. We had planned to go apple picking, but the line was so long we went to Princeton University instead. The campus is beautiful, and the weather was just right! We wandered around for a bit, then grabbed some hot coco and pumpkin bread from a nearby Starbucks (delicious!) for a picnic on the lawn.
P.S. My shirt is from Lauren James, it’s so comfortable! Perfect for fall!
- New Girl. I don’t know what made me suddenly give this series another shot, but now that I have, I can’t. stop. watching. I watched a bit of season one a couple of years ago, but it never held my interest. A stroke of boredom (can you believe I even have time to be bored?), led me to watch season two episode one, and I have been hooked ever since! The lightness of it makes for a good break between everything else I’m doing.
- The Great Debate. I have been going over commas with the kids this week, so after our lesson I showed this video about the Oxford comma debate. It gets the point across without taking a particular side, and the cartoons are pretty laughable. (P.S. TED Lessons are amazing, I will definitely be using more of them!).
- Loft. I have absolutely fallen in love with a clothing store. Whenever I’m in Loft I’m tempted to buy everything, but my wallet stops me (you’re a teacher, not a doctor, remember?). Everything is super comfortable, but also very work appropriate. I’ve had my eyes on a pair of boots for awhile and I”m currently kicking myself for not buying them when they had a 40% off everything sale. Speaking of sales, Loft has a a lot of them – so be sure to subscribe to the newsletter! *UPDATE! In the hours after I posted this, Loft announced 50% off the entire site. I finally bought the boots I have been wanting! Use code: OURTREAT, move quickly the sale ends tomorrow (10/9).
1. Monsieur Adi Orchestral Rework of “Pretty Hurts”. This past Saturday I watched the “On the Run” tour HBO special and I soon after became obsessed with Beyonce. Jay-z is already one of my favorite artists, but seeing them together was mesmerizing. What a power couple! I stumbled upon this version of “Pretty Hurts” and it’s been on replay ever since.
2. Reading at the gym. With everything going on lately, I feel like I have no time for myself. I sometimes get frustrated thinking about all the things I want to do – there are just not enough hours in the day! On a particularly busy day I decided to kill two birds with one stone and bring my book to the gym. I wasn’t expecting to like the idea, but it turns out I love it. I try to do at least a mile a day, but when I’m reading I walk two miles without even noticing. It’s the perfect combination; not only have I found time for reading, but also a reason to walk a bit further!
3. Revlon nail polish. I normally don’t buy nail polish, I think it’s a waste of money ($8.00 for a teeny tiny bottle!) and whenever I paint my nails I chip them almost immediately after. So, I have grown to love the colorless look and embrace the au-natuarale. On a recent trip to my local CVS, Revlon’s Colorstay caught my eye. At 6.99 it was just the slightest bit less than Essie and OPI, so I decided to give it a try. I really love the way this nail polish looks professional without having to try too hard and it lasts longer than most other polishes. I had mine on for 10 days without chips (a new record!) and that’s without the top coat they suggest using.
Jacket, blouse, pants, and shoes: H&M
As an avid coffee drinker I noticed my teeth were starting to get a little less than white. About a year ago I purchased the Plus White teeth whitening system, I used it for a bit back then and saw results immediately. Then about a month ago I decided to spurge and try out Crest Whitening Strips. I’ve seen dozens of commercials and it seems to be most people’s go-to whitening method (maybe I just imagined this because of all the advertising?— Ahh the power of media). However, to my surprise and my wallets relief, I much more prefer Plus White. The Plus White 5 Minute Whitening System retails at most drugstores for about 10.00 and you see results almost immediately. The kit comes with a pre-whitening rinse, a rubber mouth tray, and the whitening gel and it only takes about three steps (and five minutes) to whiter teeth. Most stores also sell the whitening gel separately so when you run out you don’t have to buy a whole new kit!
If you’re looking into trying this (which I highly recommend you do!) my only advice is to get ready for a little mess; having to sit with a mouth tray in for five minutes can cause a bit of drooling. I’m sorry I didn’t think sooner to do a before and after picture, but best of luck with your teeth whitening endeavors!
What teeth whitening products have you found that work well for you?
So while Pinterest is great, I don’t always have my laptop open while I’m trying to get ready in the morning. Combining my love of arts and crafts and fashion I created an actual “pinterest board”and hung it right next to my full length mirror in my room. It really helps me on days I can’t seem to put an outfit together.
To make it:
You can use any size of cork board and customize it how you want (or keep it plain). I bought a small square piece from a craft store and painted it white and black.
Whenever I’m finished reading through a magazine, I flip through it and cut out outfits, jewelry and shoes I like, and hang it on my board. I usually do this in one rainy day (its therapeutic for me) but you can do it as you go. I also like to keep up with the seasons, this one has a spring/summer theme but previously I had a fall/winter theme.